fredag 30 januari 2009

DELIVERY OF 8 MAHILAS TO NACHANA HAVELI



A VICTORYWALK THROUGH JAISALMER
The last day before I left Jaisalmer our 8 framed Mahilas,that would be placed in the Nachana Haveli Hotel, were ready for delivery.It was a great feeling for Kulwinder and me, to walk through the city with the small committegroup of women from the village.They were Agri and Jatani, the womengroupleaders. And our latest coworkers Radiya and Mima who will assist Kulwinder in the work with the Desert-festival-exhibition, where Mahila Aur Pani will take part.Radiya and Mima carries the boxes with framed embroideries.Proudly!


And so we got to meet the "Prince and princesse" (I call them so, with all respect,because they are members of the maharadiafamily.)In their hotel the images will be displayd and hopefully sold.Here is a picture in the Haveli taken by a nervous photografer.This was for me a grand final and happy moment!

And in the evening I was invited together with friends from Artist Hotel to a grand family celebration in the Haveli!But this is another story. There I couldn't take any photos, so I will make an embroidery of theese experiences.

Tomorrow the plane leaves for Sweden,and it will be fine to come home!

Goodbye India, for this time!Thank you all friends who have followed my blog!
Elsa

1 kommentar:

KA sa...

Hej k'ra Elsa!
V'lkommen hem!
Vi h;res
Kram, Kina
Ska bli roligt att f[ veta mer om din resa