lördag 14 november 2009

LAST PICTURES

THE THAR DESERT HERITAGE MUSEUM
where the owner Mr Laxmi Kathri shows his big collection of items and gives an idea of traditional life in the villages in the Desert.This Museum is Kathri´s biggest and deepest interest.It´s done very carefully and Mr. Kathri shows around himself.In the Bazaar street he has also a shop with a big collection of preferably textiles for sale. To come into this red cave full of old and new textiles is for sure very tempting.
In the Museum The Mahila Aur Pani Embroidery Club can exhibit the embroideries and also give some information about their work. You see Dominique from France who is our new co-worker, she will keep the contact between Sweden and Jaisalmer.








To be able to decide the juste price and keep up good quality I have introduced a Scheme of Quality Criterias.A small group concisting of two women, one girl, Kulwinder, Parwat and me discuss about every piece of embroidery and according to how many points it gets its paid between 120 and 150 rupies. This was very effective, the women were much more eager to make their pieces as good as possible.

THE LAST VISIT IN THE VILLAGE
Now I leave the village for this time.It´s a very moving moment, and I feel that I must come back and I want to come back to meet all these trusting and warm women and girls to see what is possible to develope.


The time before came Maya,10 years old and she had made this charming little figure.I bought it for my own collection. What happened the last visit? Many attempts from other girls to show what they have done.Ay,ay,ay It´s easy to establish new rules and expectations. But I must resist, and give the new embroideries back, exept for one small little figure more.
So now I leave for this time. All are hoping that Britta-mam will come in January Especially the girls,so let´s hope that it can be possible!

I write this in English especially for the friends in Jaisalmer. Kathri and others.

This blog is written after coming home with a heavy cold which is natural when you move from +35*C to +3*C with foggy and humide weather.This is Sweden in November.
Elsa

Inga kommentarer: