lördag 9 februari 2008

JAISALMER IN SWEDEN

The period in Jaisalmer was so intense and interesting. Now I´m still there very much in my thoughts.In the dawn-hour I´m thinking of the terrass of the hotel Artist, from where you have a great view over the fort and the central part of the town. To sit there in the cool breeze and relax with a Kingsfisher beer, it´s something to long for in this rainy foggy winter on Swedish westcoast.

Monika and I will have a photoperformance together soon in February so I have reasons to go back to my photos
Also when I apply for grants to be able to return and continue the embroiderywork I am back in the desert.There are many steps to take before I can reach the REAL work in the studio. REAL work is painting, drawing, embroidering images.

How I want to be there! and find a peaceful place to sit and do this quick impressions.Last visit there was not this possibility. Next time I want to reserve time for this peaceful work.



drawing from the bazaarstreet in Jaisalmer.


In the office of the social workers SKSS Seemant Kisahn Sayhog
From the left: elsa, Monika, ND, the boss, who is boss only when he sits in the bosse´s chair, Kulwinder, her son, Abhichek, and a new guy. I had a chat on telephone yesterday, they are very busy.As their working field consists of about 300 villages around Jaisalmer,there is a lot to do, and keep in mind.In addition to all they are trying to improve their English. So this picture is from x-mas when they got an english dictionary from Monika and me.

And we were talking about the continuation of the embroidery
project. SKSS are planning to create a training center for handicraft and healthcare and many other different needs. A place where it can be possible to concentrate on training and not all the time be in the crowd of women and children as it has been in the the village Bilaon Ki Basti.But I mean we should be part of the time in the villages also.Important that the rest of the people can be involved in work and thinking and not to separate villagers from one another.
Kulvinder, my eminent companion in this work is explaining some of the guidelines for the embroideries. And women and children are contcentrated listeners.

bye til next time
Elsa



2 kommentarer:

Bibbi sa...

Välkommen tillbaka! Jag länkar nästa gång jag skriver. Förstår att du längtar tillbaka. Efetr att ha lunchat med Anders idag igen är jag MYCKET ressugen och att se det här gjorde inte saken bättre. Både Kambodja och Indien skulle gå bra...
En vacker dag :)

Bibbi sa...

Hej igen! Nu har jag länkat till dig och gett dej en "you make my day award" en slags lek där man själv sprider awardar vidare till egna favoritbloggar. Man får roa sig :)